Post #5

(1 YEAR LATER...)
Salve. I am unhappy and upset right now, to say the least. Why? A combination of my lanista and the slave-talk in the forums.


Alright. I am pretty sure I've told you this enough times, but my lanista is a jerk. Don't tell him I said that. He punishes us for the littlest things, and never listens to what we have to say. After all, he is our master. We're people too, though he never ever treats us like we are.
I have decided to follow the noble Spartacus' example. I have gathered a group of gladiator friends with me. Five Thracians, a Bestiarius, three fellow Secutores, a pair of Retiarii, and an Equites. We are planning on breaking out at dawn, and taking my lanista's carriage to the city. Fellow escapees? Check. Escape plan? Check. Kitchen knives? Check.
I'm ready to do this. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. What brave heart you have my dear Quintus! Though I blame you for nothing. If I were you, I'd try to escape also! I wish you luck, and hope for the best. I hope your master does not catch you and that this turns out to be a successful escape. Just remember, "home is where the heart is," so I do not worry for you too much, because with your popularity and high respect and honor, I'm sure you'll be fine wherever you end up.

    No Author. "Pliny the Elder Quotes." Brainy Quotes, http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/pliny_the_elder.html, 17 May 2011

    ReplyDelete