Post #4

(3 MONTHS LATER)
Salve, all! After all of my long posts this is going to be a short one here:

After that battle I had the other day, I got a day off to rest. During that time I went to see my new doctor friend, Andronicus Fructosis, and asked him how to heal a broken bone, because I think I might've broken my left wrist (from holding the shield when the trident hit). After I got that fixed up, I headed out to the forum for a while and joined in some arguments. I wish people would realize just how hard it is to be a slave; even though as a gladiator you get three square meals a day, a bath every day, and the best medical care, it doesn't really make much of a difference. There's always the threat of death hanging over you. But I will still make the best of it. Anyways, I actually had a fairly nice day that day.
Now that it's a few months later, I'm scheduled for another gladiator fight. My wrist is fully healed. I've heard rumors that I'm fighting a rookie who is quickly becoming a rising star, but I'm not too worried. I invite you to come watch my fight!

2 comments:

  1. I'm still on the road to recovery with my leg, but Adronicus is amazing! Plus, he may be the only doctor in Rome that cares for a slave.It's very rare that you get a doctor like him!

    No Author."Roman Civilization"abacus,
    http://abacus.bates.edu/~mimber/Rciv/slavery.htm , May 18 2011.

    ReplyDelete